MGM Grand and DELOS Complete Expansion of Stay Well Experience and Introduce the Stay Well Lounge
Las Vegas, NV – In response to guest demand for healthy travel options, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino and Delos®, the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™, recently completed an expansion of the Stay Well® room collection and introduced the new Stay Well Lounge, providing Stay Well guests a sanctuary for private registration and relaxation as well as an elevated level of service throughout their stay.
Encompassing the hotel’s entire 14th floor, the Stay Well collection now includes 171 rooms and suites, including a breathtaking Skyline Marquee Suite. These unique accommodations include over 20 evidence-based health and wellness features which allow guests to maintain their healthy lifestyle practices while on the road, whether for business or leisure.
“We introduced Delos’ Stay Well concept in response to guest feedback as well as current trends we were seeing in healthy travel,” said Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand. “We knew the product would be a welcomed addition in this market, and are thrilled at how quickly word has spread about how you can have the Vegas experience without giving up your commitment to healthy living.”
With its serene private registration area, the new Stay Well Lounge serves as the starting point for a Stay Well experience. The room, equipped with an air purifier, dawn simulator alarm clock and aromatherapy, allows guests to begin their wellness journey the moment they check in. An iPad kiosk within the lounge features the new Stay Well mobile app designed to assist guests with a variety of wellness recommendations including how to reduce the effects of jetlag throughout their Vegas getaway.
Delos Founder Paul Scialla said, “Las Vegas and MGM Grand have been a great market for introducing Delos’ wellness technologies through our Stay Well product. The expansion of the wellness experience beyond the hotel room through our new Stay Well mobile app and lounge check-in is a direct result of the strong appetite for a healthier, wellness-oriented travel experience.”
The in-room Stay Well experience features:
- Stay Well Vitamin C Infused Shower: shower water infused with Vitamin C which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
- Stay Well Air Purifier: the most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
- Water Purification System: reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
- Warm White Room Lighting: improves the body’s internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
- Energizing Light Therapy: exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- Stay Well Dawn Simulator: awakens the body gradually
- Circadian Dimmable Bedside Lighting: natural, warm-glow LED bedside lighting that can be customized to enhance sleep
- Nightlighting: LED lamps illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
- Black-Out Shades: supports the room’s jet lag recovery features by fully eliminating outdoor lighting sources to improve sleep quality and duration
- Healthy Mattress: an all-natural mattress made without harmful VOCs, toxic chemicals and off-gases, which provides posture support and comfort layers to diminish pressure points, reducing tossing and turning
- Cedar Baseboards: natural properties keep enclosed spaces fresh and dry
- Aromatherapy Diffuser: optional aroma infusion for Stay Well guests
- EMF Shielding: protects Stay Well guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- WELL Shield™: a photo catalytic coating applied to high-touch areas throughout the room and bathroom to break down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
- Healthy In-Room Menu: offers a variety of healthy choices, most of which include natural organic ingredients rich in Omega 3 – all available 24 hours a day
- Mini-Bar Amenities: includes yogurt-covered raisins, raw almonds and coconut water, among other healthy items
- Cleveland Clinic Exclusive Access: wellness software includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, as well as access to healthy food/drink options developed by the Cleveland Clinic, which guests can use for up to 60 days after their stay
About MGM Grand
MGM Grand is “The Entertainment Authority,” creating the ultimate Las Vegas experience. The hotel features the astonishing KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; master illusionist David Copperfield and world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena and Hollywood Theatre. MGM Grand offers signature restaurants by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Michael Mina’s PUB 1842, Emeril Lagasse’s New Orleans Fish House, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill and Michelin three star and Forbes Five Star restaurant, Joël Robuchon. The resort recently remodeled all rooms and suites in its main tower and launched the industry’s first-ever STAY WELL Collection. MGM Grand is home to many of today’s hottest DJs including Tiësto, Calvin Harris and Steve Aoki who share residencies between the brand new Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub and WET REPUBLIC, The Strip’s hottest day life destination. The hotel also features a state-of-the-art, non-smoking Five Green Key conference center, the Grand Spa, Cristophe Salon, CSI: The Experience and an inviting six-acre pool complex. Upscale accommodations include SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand, an exclusive boutique luxury hotel within the hotel and The Signature at MGM Grand, a luxury all-suite, non-gaming hotel located adjacent to the main resort. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mgmgrand.com or call toll free at (877) 880-0880 or find us onFacebook and Twitter or follow our blog.
A U.S.-based real estate developer, Delos® pioneered Wellness Real Estate™, which incorporates amenities that enhance human health and well-being. In 2012, Delos introduced the WELL Building Standard®, the world’s first evidence-based building standard focused on enhancing health and well-being through the built environment. Currently in pilot, the WELL certification is provided through the International WELL Building Institute. Delos designs include an array of innovative, built-in amenities that research suggests may improve occupant well-being including: cardiovascular, respiratory and sleep health, orthopedic health, weight and metabolism management, stress reduction, mood enhancement, cognition and memory enhancement, health literacy and health behavior motivation. More information on Delos and its Advisory Board is available at www.delosliving.com.
MGM Resorts International Public Relations
Nike Communications, Inc.